Can those of familiar with the SAP R/3 TDP please answer a question? I know
that by running multiple sessions we can direct those same sessions each to
a tape drive. Can the R3 TDP be configured to send multiple sessions to a
single tape drive simultaneously? I was told that Veritas does this. What
would be the benefit of doing things this way?

I was also wondering if someone would be willing to contact me, or I contact
you, regarding the design of a TSM system that would basically be doing
these same TDP R/3 backups and nothing else. I'm looking for other opinions
to help in designing this system given the requirements I've been sent. If
you would like to call me my number is below. If you would like me to call
you, you can email me directly, I would be will to do that also.

Thanks for the help,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer