>        Audit Volume  operation Failed, ERPA code - 75,  Library VOLSER Inaccessible.

>From http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts :

Volume States                           3494 Library Manager state for a given
                                        tape volume.  Possible states:
                                        Inaccessible  The accessor can't reach
                                                      the volume, perhaps stuck
                                                      in a tape drive, or
                                                      gripper had slippery
                                                      fingers removing from
                                                      cell so that it would not
                                                      come out - or perhaps was
                                                      even dropped. Expect to
                                                      have Int Req on the 3494.

You should really have a look at your 3494 control panel, and otherwise inspect
the library for the tape.  The LM database display should indicate where the
tapes were last seen.

Consider implementing a real-time 3494 monitor to avoid surprises at a later
date.  The mtlib command provides basic status display.  I can provide a C
program upon which to base monitoring: if you'd like a copy, write to me
directly  ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

    Richard Sims, BU