Has anyone developed a good procedure for rebuilding a W2k SQL server, from bare
metal? I have seen the instructions n thesql tdp manual, but am wondering if there
might be other ways to do it. One idea I had was making a onetime flatfile backup of
the master db on our sql servers that could be restored with the other data. I'm
thinking that this should eliminate the need to install sql and the service packs and
create a new master db and just begin the restore at that point.

Also, is there a difference in the restore procedures for sql server and sql
enterprise?

Thanks in advance,

Cory

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a specific
individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure pursuant to applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or
copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender
indicating this error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.