Actually I am not aware of any real relationship between the QUERY EVENTS
command and the SUMMARY table. If anything, the SUMMARY table bears more
of a resemblance to the accounting records, if I recall correctly (it has
been a while since I looked at accounting records, though).

There isn't much difference between the columns displayed by selecting
from the EVENTS table versus those displayed using the QUERY EVENTS
command with the FORMAT=DETAILED option.

While updating a schedule will cause past events to go away, this is also
symptomatic of APARs IC34609 and IC28825. Go to http://www.ibm.com and
search on these APARs for the explanation.

Because the EVENTS table does not play well with date calculations, you
need to give it a boost by either explicitly coding your date ranges:

   ... where scheduled_start>'2005-05-16' and scheduled_start<'2005-05-18'

or by adding the following to your WHERE criteria when using calculated
dates:

   ... where scheduled_start>'1900-01-01' ...

as in:

   select * from events -
      where scheduled_start>'1900-01-01' and -
            scheduled_start>current_timestamp - 2 days

if, say, you want to see EVENTS table data from 2 days ago to the present.

The ADSM-L archives contain prior discussion on this subject.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 2005-05-19
05:26:29: