Please, everyone, when posting questions about restorals, give
details about the manner in which the restoral was invoked so that we
can get a sense of what kind is involved (NQR, Classic) and what is
involved.

Now...  Robin, have a look at IBM Technote 1209563, which I ran
across in doing research yesterday.  I recall such long-duration-
restores in the past, and as I recall they have involved the factors
noted in the Technote.  LTO is also known for backhitch delays, so
that's another contributor in positioning on tape.

   Richard Sims