From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
Sent: 10 November 2005 21:13
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database engine

My understand is that it is the old DB1 database and pretty much
proprietary.

I also heard that IBM has (had ?) plans to move to DB2 with V6 (this is
speculation, of course).

Kurt Beyers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
11/10/2005 03:48 PM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>

ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] TSM database engine

Hi,

I've just got a question out of curiosity concerning the TSM database:

-is it a DB2 database?
-is it a modified DB2 database
-or is it a complete propietry database
-or based on another database engine

You should know it as a TSM admin although it is just theoretical
knowledge.

best regards,

Kurt