----- Original Message -----
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:44 AM
Subject: SQL statement

Hi *SM-ers!
My management would like to know how much they can save by changing our
retention periods.
Currently, we store most of our backups for 14 days and I will have to find
out how much we save by changing this to 7 days.
I'm trying to create a SQL statement to retrieve this information. It seems
that the backups table does contain information about a backup being active
or inactive, but it does not contain the file size.
Can anybody help me with creating a SQL statement which tells me how much
inactive backup data is stored on the TSM server for a specific node?
Thank you VERY much in advance for your help!!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

--------
hi try this ...
168 hours is 7 days, so change it accordingly to see different numbers :-)

select sum(cast(bytes/1024/1024/1024 as decimal(6,2))) TGBU from summary
where start_time>=current_timestamp - 168 hours and activity='BACKUP';