From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Thomas Denier
Sent: 23 January 2007 17:18
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Involuntary database backup

We just went through a disaster recovery test. We are using TSM
5.3.4.0 server code running under mainframe Linux. This is our
first disaster recovery test since we upgraded the server from
5.2.6.0. When we finished restoring the TSM database we got a
message informing us that a full database backup was required.
We have seen this in previous tests. When we started the TSM server
it attempted to start a full database backup automatically. We
have not seen this happen in the past. The attempt failed because
no scratch tapes were available. The attempted was repeated about
once a minute until scratch tapes were available, at which point
the full database backup was started.

Each attempt generated messages similar to the following.

ANR4561I Triggered database backup retry delay ended;
         checking database backup trigger criteria. (PROCESS: 46)
ANR0984I Process 47 for DATABASE BACKUP started in the
         BACKGROUND at 02:02:51 PM. (PROCESS: 47)
ANR4552I Full database backup triggered; started asprocess 47.
         (PROCESS: 47)

I executed a 'query dbbackuptriggercommand'. The server did not meet
any of the stated criteria for triggered database backups.

Is there any way to regain control of database backups?