Hi Joni,

I think you should take advantage of the different types of DB backups
that Tivoli is offering : Dbbackups and Dbsnapshots.
You could use tape based devclass for dbbackups and disk based devclass
for dbbsnapshots, thus using different retention values for each of
them.
Do not forget that you are able to define the retention delay for DB
backups/snapshots while using the "del volhist" command, specifiying
"todate=today-x" and "type=dbbackup" or "type=dbsnapshot".
Use this in a script, that should be ran once a day !

In such a case do not forget to set "DB Backup Series Expiration Days"
to something longer that the maximal retention of the dbbackups you
would like to keep, or it will take precedence over your "del volhist"
command ...

Hope this helped ...

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
******