I have a client that required certain directories on each file server to be
encrypted. We made the changes to the DSM.OPT to enable
AES128 and the include.encrypt statemsents and did a selective always backup of
those directories so that the active version was an
encrypted version and all the other inactive un-encrypted versions will roll
off based on REtain Extra. Here is a question from the
client. Can anyone give some suggestions on how to prove that data is encrypted?

Is there a way that we can report on what's encrypted, maybe as part of the
rules for backing up? The question is, if audited
internally, or externally, how do we prove data's encrypted.

More importantly, if we lose a tape, how could we prove it if asked if we need
to disclose?

Bill Boyer
>Select * from USERS where CLUE>0
0 rows returned