OK - I have done this and it is working as far as backing up the SQL
database goes.

Now what do I do if I need to restore from this new node name back onto
the client?

Do I need to do anything with the dsm.opt and dsmarch.opt files before
starting the restore?

Regards
Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
03-9257-0603
http://www.anl.com.au

SQL
> > database via TDP for SQL, then I should create a separate node name
in
> > TSM (such as "SQL_Archive") and then backup using that node name
once
> > month (for example) and make sure to bind those backups to a
management
> > class that has the long term settings that meet our requirements.
> >
> > What else is involved in setting this up? On the client do I have to
> > create another dsm.opt file with the new node name to match what I
set
> > up on the TSM server?
> >
> > Regards
> > Paul Dudley

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.