On Jul 28, 2008, at 11:50 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a TSM 5.5.1.0 server on AIX 5.3 and the client involved was a
Linux
2.6.9-55 server at the tsm client version 5.5.0.6.  I had thought
that a
no query restore was envoked with the syntax:  dsmc restore -
subdir=yes
/u01/ but how do you know for sure when a no query restore is
done?  ...

The appearance of the ANR1182I and ANR1183I messages indicates that
NQR is in play.  See IBM Technote 1256380.

... Is there anything else that can be done to increase performance?

Things that we have historically found to improve performance are
summarized under
   Restoral performance
in   http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts

The magic word "collocation" does not appear in your posting, so you
probably have a lot of tape mounts due to insufficient collocation.
You can survey the tapes with the Query CONtent command to check that
out.

   Richard Sims   still at Boston University