We are changing our backup system and plan on using a Dell MD3260 as a primary
disk storage device.  It will house all backups from the local site as well as
replicated data from the remote site. It will function as a primary stgpool
only. The tape library that is also attached will eventually be phased out.

My question is, what recommendations does anyone have on setting up this
device. I was thinking of creating several 2T virtual disks and then presenting
them to the linux TSM server but I am not sure whether I want to put them all
in a volume group or not since all of the striping is done on the back end of
the device as all of the hard drives are in one giant dynamic disk pool. In
each 2T disk, I was going to create 4 500G disk storage volumes.  Or maybe 2 1T
disk storage volumes. Because the disk storage volumes will be permanent and
not eventually offloaded to tape, I want to make sure I set this up correctly.
Any suggestions for best performance?  Ext3? Ext2?
Thanks.