Try exporting the node directly from one server to the other via the
network. Getting the two servers to talk to each other over the net is
not difficult. V5 talks to V6 OK.

BTW just finished an upgrade of our largest TSM server (300GB database)
from V5 to V6, and it went very well. I have concluded that upgrading a
TSM server from V5 to V6 is much better, faster, and easier than moving
the nodes via export or having them do new backups. I wish I had known
this two years ago, because I could have saved a lot of work. The
upgrade process is long and complicated, taking us 49 hours, but it
works and then you're done.

We now have a v6.2.5 TSM server with the "Server Installation Date/Time"
in 1999.

Roger Deschner      University of Illinois at Chicago     rog...@uic.edu
======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====