Zoltan,

Sorry I'm late to the discussion. If none of the other things that people
have mentioned here help, then consider engaging Microsoft support for
assistance. When "vssadmin list writers" does not show the System Writer,
then this is an OS issue not specific to any given backup product. Thus
other products that use VSS to back up system state, such as WBADMIN (the
Windows backup and recovery command line tool) will not be able to back up
the system state either.

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
stor...@us.ibm.com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@vm.marist.edu> wrote on 2014-01-10