Try AUDIT VOL ... FIX=NO before giving up on any data. That can clear
files previously marked as damaged.

Try a different tape drive. In general, I have found that a tape which
is starting to go bad, can always be read by trying it on each other
drive until it works. Then after you get the data moved off, discard the
tape.

Roger Deschner      University of Illinois at Chicago     rog...@uic.edu
======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====