Also, if you do image-level backups of 600GB to LTO6 via a large-enough
network link (>1Gbps), you should be able to get a fast enough backup, and
object size doesn't factor.  You can also turn on journaling if on Windows
or Linux or AIX, and you can do incrbydate.  Lots of options.  We'll need
more info on your backup requirements.  Any backup product with 16kb files
in a 600GB filesystem will perform poorly, if that product catalogs all
objects in that filesystem.  I suppose your IBM rep is covering his bases.

SF