Hi Bob,

The procedure you cite requires that ASR data be backed up along with the
system state. Since TSM client did not support the ASR Writer until version
6.2.2, ASR would not be included in a version 5.5 client backup. Thus the
procedure will not work.

For backups taken with client versions below 6.2.2, you would need to use
this procedure instead:

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
stor...@us.ibm.com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@vm.marist.edu> wrote on 2014-03-31
14:54:58:

> From: Robert Talda <r...@cornell.edu>
> To: ADSM-L@vm.marist.edu,
> Date: 2014-03-31 14:55
> Subject: Windows 2008 Bare Metal Restore: Can TSM client for Windows
> v6.2.5.0 restore SYSTEMSTATE created by TSM client for Windows v5.5.x.x
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@vm.marist.edu>
>
> Folks:
>   Trying to support one of my customers quickly.
>
>   Customer has been following best practices guide on TSM wiki:
> Best Practices for Recovering Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008
R2,
> Windows 7, and Windows Vista

<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wi

ki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager/page/Best%20Practices%20for%20Recovering%20Wi

ndows%20Server%202008%2C%20Windows%20Server%202008%20R2%2C%20Windows%207%2C