You don't really mention why you need to start TSM in the foreground, but if
that is a requirement and you need to leave your terminal, why not use `screen`?

-
Cameron Hanover
chano...@umich.edu

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
--W. C. Fields