I am working on a project that has 2 native modules (.so) and an aar that
includes them and adds some java code around them.

I am able to define one set of project flavors for the .so and the .aar,
but when I try to define an orthogonal set, I am running into errors.

I am able to reproduce the issue with the following reduced build script
(full example project attached)

*code from app/build.gradle:*

apply plugin: 'com.android.model.native'

model {
    android {
        compileSdkVersion 23
        ndk {
            moduleName "hello"
        }
        productFlavors {
            create("free") {
                dimension 'cost'
            }
            create("paid") {
                dimension 'cost'
            }
            create("us") {
                dimension 'location'
            }
            create("europe") {
                dimension 'location'
            }
        }
    }
}

*Gradle error:*

Error:Cannot create 'tasks.assembleFreeEurope' using creation rule
'StandaloneNdkComponentModelPlugin.Rules#createAssembleTasksForBinaries >
create(assembleFreeEurope)' as the rule
'StandaloneNdkComponentModelPlugin.Rules#createAssembleTasksForBinaries >
create(assembleFreeEurope)' is already registered to create this model element.

*Configuration:*

Android Studio 1.5.1

gradle-experimental-0.7.0-alpha5

Windows 7 x64