SUB_PROJECTS are other modules. We used the projects terminology from
Gradle.

SUB_PROJECTS_LOCAL_DEPS are for the local dependencies when these other
modules are Android Libraries.

If all you want is analyze the dependencies you can use referencedScopes in
your transform and apply it to  the library itself. You cannot fully
process (ie read, transform and write back) scopes that are not packaged
with the library itself in a library module (so you're restricted to
PROJECT and PROJECT_LOCAL_DEPS), but you can read everything else.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM, 'Brian Attwell' via adt-dev <
adt-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi Adt Dev!
>
> I am working on an aar that has dependencies on other gradle modules
> within the same Android Studio project and dependencies on third party
> maven targets. In both cases, these dependencies may be direct or
> transitive. If I need to be able to analyze all classes this library
> depends on, will I need to apply the transform on a consuming app? Or can I
> apply it on my target aar?
>
> I've read previous adt-dev discussions about this. However, I can't figure
> out the limitations behind the transform API since I don't know what the
> following terms mean. Could you help define them? My guesses:
>
>    - PROJECT: The gradle module I'm applying the transform on.
>    - PROJECT_LOCAL_DEPS: *Jar's directly inside the targets "libs"
>    folder?*
>    - SUB_PROJECTS: *No idea*
>    - SUB_PROJECTS_LOCAL_DEPS: *No idea*
>    - EXTERNAL_LIBRARIES: Jars and aar's from Maven.
>    - PROVIDED_ONLY: Module dependencies "provide"d to our transformed
>    module.
>
> The only good examples for Transform implementations, that I have been
> able to find, are the realm transformers. So I'm left guessing about the
> meaning of these enums.
>
> Thanks!
> --Brian Attwell
>
> --

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.
http://developer.android.com | http://tools.android.com

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!