We seem to package only the protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar artifact, and not the
one with the -lite classifier.

I'm guessing that because Gradle finds a pom file in that location it
expects the location to be correct and will look for all artifacts in
there, no matter the classifier.

How do you end up requiring the -lite version? Is it another plugin doing
so?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 1:56 AM, Tomáš Procházka <tomas.procha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> AS contain folder *gradle *and m2repository inside of it.
>
> Starting from some of the first alpha version of 2.2 my project always
> fail on this error.
>
> Error:A problem occurred configuring project ':app'.
>> > Could not find protobuf-java-lite.jar (com.google.protobuf:protobuf-
>> java:2.5.0).
>>   Searched in the following locations:
>>

>>       file:/C:/Work/_IDE/android-studio/gradle/m2repository/
>> com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0-lite.jar
>

> When I delete whole *gradle* folder everything works great.
> So I do it with every new version.
> Do you know why it happens?
>
> --

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.
http://developer.android.com | http://tools.android.com

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!