I'm looking for any new information about incremental compilation support.

You wrote
here:
https://androidstudio.googleblog.com/2018/09/android-studio-33-canary-11-available.html

This info:

   - For projects that include Kotlin code: Incremental Java compilation is
   enabled by default, even if your project uses the data-binding or
   retro-lambda plugin.
   - For Java-only projects:
      - If the annotation processors you use all support incremental
      annotation processing

<https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/java_plugin.html#sec:incremental_annotation_processing>,

      incremental Java compilation is enabled by default.
      - If however, one or more annotation processors do not support
      incremental builds, incremental Java compilation is not enabled. Instead,
      you can include the following flag in your gradle.properties file:
      android.enableSeparateAnnotationProcessing=true
      When you include this flag, Gradle executes the annotation processors
      in a separate task and allows the Android plugin to enable incremental
mode
      for the Java compilation task.

It is very confusing. It means that for the project using Kotlin it will
work in any situation? But java only projects require the support of all
annotation processors?
You are writing just about that it will be enabled, not compiling
incrementally, but still confusing.

I'm using Kotlin and it warning me, that data binding annotation processor
doesn't support it. So what exactly was changed since build plugin 3.2?
It was possible to use incremental compilation also with it, but data
binding annotation processor prevented it.

I tried use android.enableSeparateAnnotationProcessing=true and it did
nothing with build speed. I tried several times run my app with just one
line change in one class and run again  (without incremental compilation)
and it takes exactly the same time with build plugin 3.2 and 3.3-alpha11
with android.enableSeparateAnnotationProcessing=true enabled.

So probably last hope is to wait for incremental compilation support of
data binding annotation processor. It is also in the plan for 3.3?