> My first question would be for what purpose?

I want a second AppDomain because I want a fresh copy of each of my
singletons.  These singletons hold cached data that changes slowly.  Note
that I do *not* want to update the cached data in the first AppDomain.

> Changing the Web Config file for an ASP.NET application will cause a second
> Instance in a new App Domain to be created and furthermore new sessions are
> handled by the second instance.

I tried this, but it seems to invalidate all the existing sessions, forcing
me to login again.  I would like existing sessions to be unaffected.

-- Brian