From: ravi kanth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Saturday, March 24, 2001 07:14
Subject: Converting Complete Applet Project From Swing->Awt

Hi,
In my applet there are 10 categories say,A B ..... After getting the choice
from the user though a jcombobox I load only images related to his choice
only, that is if B Category is selected the images of B Category only will
be downloaded from the web-server in the form of B.JAR. No Unnecessary
downloading.
This I have achieved through making different jar's like
A.JAR, B.JAR..... and in the MAIN.JAR MANIFEST,
In the CLASSPATH ATTRIBUTE I DEFINED ALL THE OTHER JARS OF THE PROJECT and
Then INDEXING IT (MAIN.JAR).
Worked fine.
My PROJECT requires a lot of images and therefore fully
depends upon the above statements for it good speed and
functionality, which prevents user from unnecessary
downloading of files and Load's only the required JARS (having images).
But if I have to convert the project from swing to awt and not using JRE
plugin, as I am asked to do, I will not be able to use JAR files in IE
Browser and also the above concepts of different JARS and indexing MAIN.JAR,
downloading only the required JARS, all will fail.
Any ideas for a work around????
What about building the project in CABS, instead of JAR'S.Will all the
features of jars and indexing mechanism and all the above features will be
implemented?
Ravi.