Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or not in the JDK 1.3 JFileChooser, but I have
problems with its two methods: getSelectedFile() and setSelectedFile().

What I want to do is to dynamically set proper file extensions like what MS
excel does when a user select a different file type. What I did was to
register my own class to listen to the PropertyChangeEvent of JFileChooser
and call setSelectedFile() base on what type of file user selected.

It seems that JFileChooser.getSelectedFile() method only return null before
the "Save" button is closed even though I typed in file name in the file
name field.

Maybe some one can help me on this.

Thank you in advance.

Ancheng Ma