I am trying to get something to work (seems like it should) and for
some reason it's not :)  I want to create a MDI type app with one
of the internal windows having a tabbed pane.  The program runs,
but the internal window doesn't show up with the tabbed pane.  Was
hoping someone might be able to point out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Source:

import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;

public class Tester extends JFrame
{

  public Tester()
  {
    super("tester app");

    Container content = getContentPane();
    content.setBackground(Color.white);

    JDesktopPane theDesktop = new JDesktopPane();
    theDesktop.setBackground(Color.black);

    // add the desktop to the JFrmae
    content.add(theDesktop, BorderLayout.CENTER);

    setSize(400, 400);

    // setup internal frame
    JInternalFrame frame = new JInternalFrame("internal frame");
    frame.setSize(200, 150);
    frame.setBackground(Color.white);

    // setup tabbed pane and add panels to it
    JTabbedPane tabbedPane = new JTabbedPane();

    JPanel generalPanel = new JPanel();

    tabbedPane.addTab("General", generalPanel);

    JPanel customPanel = new JPanel();
    tabbedPane.addTab("Custom", customPanel);

    // add tabbed pane to internal frame
    frame.getContentPane().add(tabbedPane);

    // add internal frame to desktop
    theDesktop.add(frame);