"Farwell, Paul" schrieb:

> If your UI uses the InputVerifier introduced with JDK 1.3, you might want to
> vote for a bug recently made public on Sun's BugParade. I'm hoping we can
> convince Sun to go the 'extra step' and make the InputVerifier truly useful.

Good idea, Paul! My votes are on the related #4302322 which is not
available on the bug parade at the moment and has an incorrect
evaluation on part of the swing engineer (attributing it to an awt focus
issue). But on that vote was a very good analysis on what's going wrong
- based on that info I set up an example fix at (not sure if it covers
every issue):

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~Kleopatra/swing/button/buttonverify.html

> This is the more fundamental problem:
>
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4533820.html
>
>   "Extend InputVerifiers to keep events from firing on target components"

Unfortunately that's an RFE, they seldom get fixed...

> This is a more specific problem:
>
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4368790.html
>
>   "JButton stays pressed when focus stolen"

Thanks for that link, I had not been aware of it until now. I'll check
my fix against it one of these days (though at first glance the
evalutation seems to be on the wrong track again...)

Have a nice weekend
Jeanette