Steven Acres wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Nicolas Dorfsman <ndo at woup.net> wrote
>>        Hi all,
>>
>>        Could somebody push this note to the web folks please ?
>>
>>        Our ug is not on the website on "User Group" list....is there
>> someting we missed in the website migration ?
>>
>>        Thanks for your help....
>>
>>        Nicolas
>>
> CC'd: website-discuss

Hi ... I responded to this a few days ago:

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/website-discuss/2009-November/005915.html

Here is more context:

The French OSUG does not have an OSUG space on the site because they
decided to use the French Portal space instead. So, they are not listed
in the UG Collective page:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Main/usergroups

That`s perfectly fine. The Japanese and Koreans do the same. Some OSUGs
overlap with Portals, so Teresa and I consider those to be both UGs and
Portals and so they qualify for items from Sun for the OSUG program. I
list the French Portal on the OSUG leaders table here and they have an
Advocacy-sponsored list and forum:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+advocacy/ug-leaders

That ug-leaders grid is the most complete list of OSUGs I have. It
combines OSUGs living on XWiki as well as OSUGs with their own sites or
groups that live on Facebook or Yahoo and such.

Since the French group uses the Portal space (which is sponsored by the
i18n Community Group), it is listed on the Project Collective page:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Main/projects

Now, over time the top level Collectives pages (Community Groups,
Projects, User Groups) will get data directly from Auth, so the list on
the User Group page will only be the OSUGs that actually have spaces on
XWiki (which is the list on that page now even though it is manually
edited).

Jim

Jim