Michael Sullivan wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I've already just replied to someone in with a user group in Brazil who is
> interested.  It's amazing how many web hits I'm getting.

Excellent. We know a few people in Brazil. :)

> I was just thinking that this would be an excellent way to get the
> International community in Tokyo together.

And also consider that the international community in Tokyo is not only
local to Japan but global as well since foreigners come and stay for a
few years and then go home but maintain their ties here. Tokyo has
enormous reach.

> I know you and I have discussed this many times, but this seems like an
> excellent opportunity to be able to bring everyone together toward a common
> goal.
>
> I really didn't anticipate the global interest in my classroom material and
> some possible parallel language projects as well.

That would be good. Maybe a template model can be created for others to
take and leverage? We could really use Chinese and German, both top
languages for the OpenSolaris community. Oh, and Spanish would be
helpful as well. And Brazilian Portuguese and ....

> Planning on being at the Sun office tomorrow a little before 13:00 because I
> got email from Shoji that they are going to give me about 5 minutes before
> the start of the beginners class.  See you tomorrow if you are there.

I`ll be around ... :)

Jim