In article <49637591.1080...@wrkhors.com>, Steven Lembark
<lemb...@wrkhors.com> wrote:

> Many of the talks given at YAPC &c are available online.
> If you check with authors beforehand they normally don't
> mind if the talks are recycled (feel free to use any of
> mine). That would solve a major issue: having time to
> compose the slides.

I've thought about this sort of thing for speaker training. Give
someone a ready-made presentation, give them a chance to research it a
bit, and then give the presentation. Talks that teach skills rather
than research report talks could do very well here.

I started a couple of "soft" topics like this:

Conferences for Beginners (José and Skud both have versions too, I
think):
http://www.slideshare.net/brian_d_foy/conferences-for-beginners/

If people want to try a hand at another one of my talks (or run some
program that uses one), get in touch with me:
http://www.slideshare.net/brian_d_foy/slideshows