Hi Elaine,

I'm not sure "looking for a job" carries quite the same old stigma as lepers
of yore, so much as "looking for a job WHEN OUT OF WORK".  It's that old
catch-22 again.

The next most leper-like stage is probably the "leaving soon" state, regardles
of whether going to a new job or not.  There's a nice Dilbert cartoon about
that somewhere, where people stop talking, to the soon-to-leave-group-member.
I think they EVEN stop lending him their paper stapler!  It'd be funny if it
wasn't so true.  People can be such sheep!

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen

http://www.rfi.net/