Hi Elaine,

[risking top-posting]

I need to deal with people with personality faults on a daily basis: on IRC, on
IM, in real life, in E-mail, etc. I'm not always happy from their behaviour,
but I try to deal with it intelligently and wisely. I don't blame all of
Freenode's #perl faults on https://metacpan.org/author/MSTROUT or on
https://metacpan.org/author/APEIRON or on thrig (= our channel master) or
on Su-Shee or on popl or whoever, because while they have their faults, they
still are essentially good people, and I try to find ways to overcome their
issues as best as I can.

Similarly, I admitted that I have the personality faults that you mentioned,
but they are not insurmountable, and you can learn to cope with them instead of
blaming everything that is wrong in this world on me (which seems incredibly
silly and ridiculous when you think about it). In my entire time of
contributing to the Perl and open-source/open-content community, I was able to
make a lot of friends, and also was able turn some of my former enemies into
either friends, or at least people who agree to collaborate with me and
tolerate me.

Would you agree to try to do the same?

Here is an excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If%E2%80%94 by Rudyard
Kipling:

<<<<
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:

And here is what Marcus Aurelius wrote
about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism :

<<<<
Say to yourself in the early morning: I shall meet today ungrateful, violent,
treacherous, envious, uncharitable men. All of these things have come upon them
through ignorance of real good and ill... I can neither be harmed by any of
them, for no man will involve me in wrong, nor can I be angry with my kinsman
or hate him; for we have come into the world to work together...

It's always the most effortless solution to expect the world to change
according to your whims, but that usually won't happen and will only leave you
feeling bitter and have wishful thinking and unreal fantasies, and will leave
you as helpless as you are. In the long run, it is more constructive to handle
problematic people and situations with tolerance, acceptance, rationality and
some creative thinking.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

[SNIPPED]