Hi Doug,

The clientEmail header is useful when the user logging into the
AdWords API is associated with an MCC account.  MCC accounts have no
campaigns on their own, so the header is used to specify which of
their client accounts they want to make requests against.  If you log
into the API with a user that is associated with a regular AdWords
account then there is no need to specify the clientEmail header.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team