Hi Peer,

The lack of a field in a request or response indicates a null value.
Auto bidding for keywordContentMaxCpc is represented by a null value,
so the response looks fine.  You are correct, that omitting the field
in the future will preserve the value as null, hence auto bidding.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team