We have developed an API client that uses the API in a read-only
fashion. We only use the following calls:

ReportService:
  validateReportJob
  scheduleReportJob
  getReportJobStatus
  getReportDownloadUrl

CampaignService:
  getAllAdwordsCampaigns

When we started on this client, the Terms & Conditions only required
implementing the RMF (Required Minimum Functionality) list if the
client changed data via the API (if I remember correctly - I cannot
locate prior versions of the T&C). But the recent (June 09) changes to
the T&C [1] state that any client must fully implement all of the
'Required' RMF items [2].

Can I get some clarification on this from a Google representative? If
it is indeed the case that we have to implement the RMF to stay in
compliance, then we have a significant engineering effort to
undertake. The added functionality would add some value to our
product, but probably not value commensurate with the effort required
to add it.

Tobias

[1] http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/terms.html
[2] http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/requirements.html