Hi Pat,

Another cause of the concurrency error may be updates done by the
internal AdWords system.  For example, new keywords added to an ad
group must be checked for violations by the AdWords system.  This
process usually takes a couple of seconds, after which the system will
update the keywords with their approval status.  It could be that you
are trying to modify the ad group at the same time that the approval
status is being updated.  You can avoid this be ensuring that you
leave a sufficient gap between adding keywords and making further
modifications to an ad group (or sub objects).  Also, it may be worth
adding error handling to catch this type of exception and retrying the
request after a given amount of time.

I'd like to investigate the quota issue a little further.  Are you
using the BulkMutateJobService?  Are you making requests about
production or the sandbox?

Best,
- Eric