Hello,

As the subject states my question is simple: what are or would be the
effect of deleting all adgroups and their criterion from a campaign?

For example, will I loose bids on established keywords, statistics
traffic, reporting, etc.  Please be specific if you know the answer.

My reason for wanting to do such a thing stems from my other topic/
discussion here :
http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/e77c38382813f7/72e42ee9adc70dd7#72e42ee9adc70dd7

The API is slow to update a LOT of keywords in a synchronous manner so
I am thinking of manually using the ad words tool for the desktop to
truncate a campaign, re-create ad groups dynamically, create a text
file of keywords to load into the ad words tool.  Then to keep my
system in sync I will run a structure report to pull the keywords in
the campaign, parse the XML file and insert a record of the keyword
(and what entity it belongs to in my system) into our DB.

Then in the future I can perform the updates, removals and add's in
bulk.  This is all in the hope of decreasing the execution time for
some of our much larger customers we work on behalf of where the
keyword count is in the tens of thousands and one being over one
hundred thousand keywords (yes we hit a limit, and yes we had to call
to get it raised).

I hope someone can help answer my main question above and the the API
team can look into why there is such consistently slow performance.

Thanks,
Kyle LeNeau