Hi Orly,

The 502 error is something the core engineering team is aware of and
working on.  These errors are caused by internal timeouts on the API
servers.  Reducing the size of your requests may help, 256 is already
a pretty low number of operations per request.  When you receive this
error you shouldn't be charged any API units.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team