Hi All,

It isn't possible to change the match type of a keyword, and this was
true in the v13 API as well.  In the v200909 API a keyword criterion
has two parts: a BiddableAdGroupCriterion (extends dGroupCriterion)
and a Keyword (extends Criterion):

http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/v2009/docs/reference/AdGroupCriterionService.BiddableAdGroupCriterion.html

http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/v2009/docs/reference/AdGroupCriterionService.Keyword.html

After the keyword criterion is created only the properties of the
BiddableAdGroupCriterion can be changed.  If you need to change the
properties of the Keyword you need to REMOVE the keyword criterion and
add in a new one with the correct match type, etc.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team