Hi,

To address your questions:

a) Auth tokens expire after 2 weeks, or when a user changes the
password on their account.

b) The reason returned for an expired auth token is
LOGIN_COOKIE_INVALID, which isn't immediately obvious.  We are working
on improving the documentation to make this more clear.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

Have you migrated to v200909 yet?
The v13 sunset is on April 22, 2010.