Hi,

The v13 TrafficEstimatorService uses similar technology to the legacy
Traffic Estimator Tool:

  https://adwords.google.com/select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox?forceLegacy=true

This tool requires that a maximum CPC is always entered, as does the
API.  We are working to release a new version of the
TrafficEstimatorService that better mirrors the functionality of the
new Traffic Estimator Tool, but at this time I don't have any
estimates on when that will be released.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team