hi guys,

I am currently working through the API to upload and get reports of image
extensions at a campaign, adgroup and overall level.

Based on what I have read through and worked on so far, it seems that the
current process stated in the documentation involves creating an image as
an asset (this doc
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/samples/upload-image-asset>),

and then for that to become an extension you must create a feed item and
attach that to a campaign/ad group (this doc
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/samples/add-image-extension>).

I don't see anywhere in the documentation how I can add the image extension
directly as an asset, in the way that you can with sitelinks for example (this
doc
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/samples/add-sitelinks-using-assets>
).

when reading through this
<https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/2022/01/revised-schedule-for-auto-migration-of.html>
 blog
post though, I can see that feed based uploads are going to be deprecated
shortly so I followed the migration procedure through and ended up with the
following php code:

<?php
require "vendor/autoload.php";
use Google\Ads\GoogleAds\V10\Resources\CampaignAsset;
use Google\Ads\GoogleAds\V10\Resources\AdGroupAsset;
use Google\Ads\GoogleAds\V10\Services\CampaignAssetOperation;
use Google\Ads\GoogleAds\V10\Services\AdGroupAssetOperation;

$googleAdsClient = new GoogleClient();
$customerId = "123456789";
$adGroupId = "123456789";
$assetResourceName = "example/1234/example/1234";

$imageExtensionAdGroupAssetOperations = [
  new AdGroupAssetOperation(['create' => new AdGroupAsset([
    'asset' => $assetResourceName,
    'ad_group' => ResourceNames::forAdGroup($customerId, $adGroupId),
    'field_type' => AssetFieldType::MARKETING_IMAGE // also tried with
AssetFieldType::SQUARE_MARKETING_IMAGE
  ])])
];

$adGroupAssetServiceClient =
$googleAdsClient->getAdGroupAssetServiceClient();
$response = $adGroupAssetServiceClient->mutateAdGroupAssets(
  $customerId,
  $imageExtensionAdGroupAssetOperations
);

when I run this with both , I get the following error:

"The given field type is not supported to be added directly through asset
links."

Are image extensions currently supported as assets? if so, is there any
example code on this?