Just for everyone else's benefit, to update the headlines/descriptions for
an existing responsive text ad, you're supposed to use the AdService and
the AdOperation and NOT the AdGroupAdService and the AdGroupAdOperation. My
initial assumption (and the answer from the Google Ads API Team above) was
incorrect.