To clarify, we do have Display Ads going to all three; our website, the
playstore, and the appstore.
Will PM really join all of those into a single asset group and dynamically
send users to each location based on different factors such as the users
device?

I found this in the docs:
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/performance-max/asset-groups#asset_groups
" Asset groups contain one or more final URLs. At least one final URL is
required. Use the URL that is most relevant to the conversion path for the
given asset group and campaign objectives. The final URL of the asset group
cannot be excluded from the WEBPAGE campaign criteria
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/performance-max/create-campaign-criteria>.

"

But, I can't figure out if those different URLs must contain the same
hostname. I guess that would answer my question.