Our case is very simple: Create a Google Ads account (this works fine) and
add billing setup to this account so it can be used.

We are facing the same issue: *billing_setup_error: NO_SIGNUP_PERMISSION*.
We do not have monthly invoicing setup, but we can create a billing setup
by hand in the interface to be billed by an existing payment profile id.

My question is, how can I finish the account billing setup via the API,
without the need to do it by hand in the interface?