Hello,

I had a question about the product partition and the relationship between
parent and siblings.

My aim is to partition my shopping ads as such:
root
 product_brand
   product_item_id
  everything else in brand
everything else in all products

Meaning that when i create a shopping ad campaign, only the
product_item_ids under the brand i created the campaign for are there. At
least this is the desired result.

Issue:
Right now, my campaign creation includes the product_item_id under the
brand, BUT also all other non-brand product_item_ids. The product_item_ids
not under the brand show as ""this product group doesn't contain any
products"" when hovered.  I've tried a few other variations and almost
always leads to an error "'Dimension type of listing group must be the same
as that of its siblings.'". This seems to be the working sample for me.

My question:
If I want to only show the products under the brand, in my create
operations, how can I make sure the non-brand product_item_id is not being
included?

here is a simplified example:

//1. root node - null - Parent
const rootNode: resources.IAdGroupCriterion = {
    resource_name: RootNodeResourceName,
    ad_group: adGroupName,
    listing_group: {
      type: enums.ListingGroupType.SUBDIVISION,
    },
    status: enums.AdGroupCriterionStatus.ENABLED,
  };

  //2. brand node -> connected to root node
  const brandNode: resources.IAdGroupCriterion = {
    resource_name: brandNodeResourceName,
    listing_group: {
      parent_ad_group_criterion: rootNode.resource_name,
      case_value: {
        product_brand: {
          value: campaign?.vendor.toLowerCase(),
        },
      },
      type: enums.ListingGroupType.SUBDIVISION,
    },
    status: enums.AdGroupCriterionStatus.ENABLED,
  };

  //3. everything else in brandNode -> rootNode
  const otherBrandNode: resources.IAdGroupCriterion = {
    resource_name: otherBrandNodeResourceName,
    cpc_bid_micros: toMicros(fixedCpC),
    listing_group: {
      case_value: {
        product_brand: {},
      },
      parent_ad_group_criterion: rootNode.resource_name,
      type: enums.ListingGroupType.UNIT,
    },
    status: enums.AdGroupCriterionStatus.ENABLED,
  };

  productCriterionOptions.push(everythingElseInBrandsOperation);

  //4. others node - products not in brand or product_item_id
  const everythingElseNode: resources.IAdGroupCriterion = {
    resource_name: everythingElseNodeResource,
    cpc_bid_micros: toMicros(Number(fixedCpC)),
    listing_group: {
      case_value: {
        product_item_id: {},
      },
      parent_ad_group_criterion: brandNode.resource_name,
      type: enums.ListingGroupType.UNIT,
    },
    status: enums.AdGroupCriterionStatus.ENABLED,
  };

  //5. product_item_ids --> brandNode --> rootNode
    const productItemNode: resources.IAdGroupCriterion = {
      resource_name: productItemIdNode,
      cpc_bid_micros: toMicros(Number(fixedCpC)),
      listing_group: {
        parent_ad_group_criterion: brandNode.resource_name,
        case_value: {
          product_item_id: {
            value: productId,
          },
        },
        type: enums.ListingGroupType.UNIT,
      },
      status: enums.AdGroupCriterionStatus.ENABLED,
    };

regards,
Michael