Hi,

I am running into an issue where publishing a Smart Campaign creates a
large list of negative keyword campaign criterion automatically. NOTE: I'm
talking about keywords, NOT keyword themes. I am not setting any negative
keywords, yet they still appear when querying the campaign_criterion
endpoint.

*Query:*
    SELECT
        campaign.resource_name,
        campaign_criterion.negative,
        campaign_criterion.type,
        campaign_criterion.keyword.text,
        campaign_criterion.keyword.match_type,
        campaign_criterion.display_name,
        campaign_criterion.criterion_id
    FROM
        campaign_criterion
    WHERE
        campaign.resource_name = '{campaign_resource_name}'
    AND
        campaign_criterion.type = 'KEYWORD'

*Results (1 example from 1999 results) :*
            {
                "resourceName":
"customers/#########/campaignCriteria/###########~71078880",
                "type": "KEYWORD",
                "keyword": {
                    "matchType": "PHRASE",
                    "text": "backpack"
                },
                "criterionId": "71078880",
                "negative": true,
                "displayName": "backpack"
            },

I'm really confused because these are Smart Campaigns, which don't even
allow keywords, they use keyword themes. I checked that the account doesn't
have any account negative keywords, nor any Content Suitability choices,
nor content exclusion lists.

I have tried manually removing these via the API with a
campaign_criterion_operation remove for the resource name, but that returns
an error:

{
  error_code {
    context_error: OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CONTEXT
  }
  message: "The operation is not allowed for the given context."
  trigger {
    string_value: "EXPRESS(EXPRESS_SMART)"
  }
  location {
    field_path_elements {
      field_name: "mutate_operations"
      index: 0
    }
    field_path_elements {
      field_name: "campaign_criterion_operation"
    }
    field_path_elements {
      field_name: "remove"
    }
  }
}

I am worried that this is impacting our campaign's performance as we are
trying to target ads for school backpack donations.... but both "school"
and "backpack" show up in this negative keyword list. Please let me know if
these negative keywords are causing the campaign to underperform, and what
can be done about it.

--
Feathr is closed on Fridays, operating under a four-day workweek from
Monday-Thursday. Our platform remains available 24/7, however, on Fridays,