Hi Eric, Anash et al,

after lurking for three months and reading almost every post I still
have some questions before I can start using the Adwords API with some
certainty of that I understand the API correctly. And that I am billed
as expected. I've google a lot for the questions below, and hope that
they are not too redundant.

1 The current version of the API is V201008, the ratesheet at
http://code.google.com/intl/nl-NL/apis/adwords/docs/ratesheet.html
   does not mention that version. Could you update that page for all
people like me that want to know for sure what they will have to pay?
2 Am I correct in my understanding of the rate sheet and the functions
of the API,  that if I only want the local traffic estimate for the
last month for a range of keywords, that the TargetingIdeaService, set
to 'stat' mode is the cheapest option in terms of API units? And that
is 5 per call + 0.1 per keyword, with a maximum of 2000 keywords per
call?
3 And that if I want more than just the traffic estimate that the
TrafficEstimatorService is needed. For 20 units per Campaign, per ad
group and per keyword, independent of how many properties from each
selection I query for. E.g. if I would query for all properties for a
keyword "dog bed", would I get the Estimated average CPC, Estimated ad
position, Estimated daily clicks and Estimated daily cost for this
keyword for 20 units?
4 If I want a complete list of all estimates for all keywords for an
account, that the trafficestimatorservice only supports a maximum of
500 keywords per campaign and adgroup? See

http://code.google.com/intl/nl-NL/apis/adwords/docs/reference/latest/TrafficEstimatorService.html
. On that page it says "The maximum number of keyword estimate
requests across all campaign estimate requests and ad group estimate
requests is 500.". Me not being a programmer nor a native English
speaker makes that sentence for me a bit difficult. Does this mean
that if an ad group contains more than 500 keywords that only the
first 500 are returned?
5 If I want a list of all keywords with their match type that the
AdGroupCriterionservice is the place to be? And where I am totally in
the blind; according to the rate sheet this costs 1 API unit per
AdGroupCriterion. Is the criterion "keywords" so the list just costs
me 1 unit, or is the criterion 'per keyword' and the cost is equal to
the amount of keywords * 1 API unit.
6 Same as question number 5 but for a list of Adgroups. Is the
AdGroupService the place to be and does that cost 1 unit per adgroup
or 1 unit for the whole list.

On a side note, could somebody suggest a good book for the Adwords
API. It feels uneffective and annoying to have to scrape together
knowledge from this forum and http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long list of questions.

Arthur Wetselaar