Hi Adam,

See the AdWords API rate sheet for unit costs:

  http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/ratesheet.html

The TIS has a per-idea (keyword) and per-request charge, and it's
beneficial to batch keywords together into fewer requests.  The cost
does not change based on the number of attributes (stats) you request
though.  There is no example for batching them, but you simply put
multiple keywords into the RelatedKeywordSearchParameter.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team